RIO GRANDE DAM
Design, fabrication and installation of the floating intake and Ø1600 irrigation pipe for the Chone dam and a Ø1600 flush bottom circular gate valve®.
Client: EMPRESA PUBLICA DEL AGUA
Location: MANABI, ECUADOR
Work execution period: 2015 – the present
Water head: 30 mWC
The Rio Grande dam is near the Chone Canton, Manabi Province, Ecuador. INHISA HIDRAULICA S.A. designed, fabricated and installed the new large diameter intake for irrigation and consumption by designing a Ø1600 floating intake, enabling water of better quality to be taken in, as the intake level can be regulated with the lifting system using high pressure hydraulic cylinders.
The work performed involved:
- Development of the technical solution, calculations and construction drawings for the new intake.
- Design, fabrication and installation of the novel large diameter joint for the floating intake arm.
- Design, fabrication and installation of a floating intake arm to enable uptake of flows at all levels in the reservoir, including replacing the trash rack head with a pump head.
- Design, fabrication and installation of a Ø1600 circular gate valve®
- Installation of a Ø1600 control flowmeter
- Design, fabrication and installation of hydraulic power units, electrical command and control desks and installations.