Renovation of the middle bottom outlet:
Design, fabrication and installation of two 4,000×6,500 mm Tainter radial gates with approach system®.
Location: PONFERRADA, LEÓN, SPAIN
Work execution period: 2014 – 2016
Water head: 30 mWC
The Barcena dam is on the River Sil near Ponferrada in the province of Leon. INHISA HIDRAULICA S.A. carried out the study, the dismantling of the existing Tainter gate for the middle bottom outlet and the design, fabrication and assembly of two Tainter-type radial gates with approach system® for the middle bottom outlet.
The work performed involved:
- Project to renovate the dam middle bottom outlet.
- Design, fabrication and installation of scaffolding systems upstream and downstream of the existing gate.
- Design and installation of stoplog fixed parts and stoplogs upstream of the gate.
- Dismantling the existing middle bottom outlet Tainter gate which was not operational.
- Design, calculation and fabrication of two Tainter-type radial gates with approach system®, reaction beam and fixed parts with air adduction.
- Mechanical installation of fixed parts, Tainter gates and hydraulic cylinders with drive system.
- Design, fabrication and installation of a hydraulic power unit, electrical command and control desks and installations.