VANUL® GATE VALVE
A flat roller gate for safety with large flows in hydroelectric plant intakes.
The VANUL® gate valves developed by INHISA HIDRAULICA S.A. are flat gates with a panel that is supported by and moves on wheels installed symmetrically on both sides of the support structure. The circular cross-section at the bottom of the panel practically eliminates load losses, making Vanul® gates the ideal gate valves for protecting turbines.
The wheels transfer the hydraulic load from the gate to the tracks for the valve gate body, reducing friction and enabling closing without power if the turbine fails.
The way Vanul® gates are designed and manufactured means they can be produced in very large diameters. INHISA HIDRAULICA S.A. has designed Vanul® valve gates of up to Ø6000.
The main elements in Vanul® gate valves are:
- Wheels and rotation shafts
- Valve body
- Drive device built into the panel
INHISA HIDRÁULICA S.A. designs “wagon”-type roller gates according to the following principles:
- Ensuring fail-safe closure under their own weight (without power)
- Sealing system using neoprene of 65 Shore hardness – stainless steel (fixed parts)
- Hydraulic drive system
- Maintenance-free self-aligning roller bearings, ensuring ideal wheel support
- With balancing by-pass system built into gates for bottom outlets
- Drive cylinder in the shut-off device