CHANNEL OR WEIR FLAP GATE
Flap gate for safety or to regulate large flows in weirs and channels.
Channel or Weir Flap Gates are flat or curved gates where the panel is articulated at the bottom with rotary axes joined to a fixed metal structure anchored to the civil works. INHISA HIDRÁULICA S.A. Flap Gate HIDRÁULICA S.A. create the seal with 65⁰ shore neoprene on the gate and stainless steel on the fixed ironwork on the sides
INHISA HIDRÁULICA S.A. Flap Gates regulate and evacuate large flows and their maximum open position does not require power. Flap Gates are actuated by oleohydraulic cylinders which make the panel turn on the bottom rotary axes attached to the fixed structure.
“Flap” gates are made up of the following main elements :
- Rotary axes
- Fixed ironwork on the bottom and sides
- Actuation device
INHISA HIDRÁULICA S.A. designs “Flap” gates according to the following principles:
- Guaranteeing fail-safe opening under their own weight (no power)
- 65⁰ shore neoprene – stainless steel (fixed ironwork) sealings
- Oleohydraulic actuation system
- Stainless steel rotary axes and self-lubricating casing
- With spillway aeration in channel or weir flap gates at the top to ensure correct operation and maintenance, designing the spillway so that the sheet of water does not have a negative impact on the gate.